Pages

Featured Post

Movies to look forward to in February 2016

January isn't really the best month in which movies come out. It is mostly known among movie critics, reviewers, and fans that when a mo...

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hail Caesar! Review

Every week there are a couple or a few new movies that are released. However, I really do not have the time to write my opinion about each one of them, I only choose the best one that I liked that week.
So this week, 3 movies were released nationwide: The Choice, Hail Caesar!, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I saw all three of them, and as you probably know by now, I liked Hail Caesar! the most, so it's time to talk about it!

I was really excited for this movie. It's directed by the Coen brothers (Josh and Ethan Coen) which directed Fargo (1996), The Man who Wasn't There (2001), and co-wrote Bridge of Spies (2015), so they have a pretty good track record.
Also, the movie stars a ton of famous actors that the movie can be called an ensemble movie based on just the names, but it's not though. The movie is really driven and lead by Josh Brolin more than anything else. Brolin played the character of the "fixer". He was the one that the studio needs to fix problems with its movies in order for them to come out in the scheduled time. and he was by far the best part of this movie. But as much as this a movie to tell a story of this guy, it's more of a throwback to old school Hollywood, so the movie's plot is thin, and you can get confused a lot of times if you're not paying really good attention.
However, on the positive side, this movie is a pretty good comedy, which is something that the Coen brothers are used to give us. On the comedy side though, Josh Brolin moves aside, and Alden Ehrenreich comes in the frame. Whenever that guy had a line or an action to do, he made sure that he delivered it in the best comedic way possible. That is something that is really hard to do and it is something that deserves praise!
The overall directing of this movie was brilliant, also. My only problem with the movie really is its script. It's not bad, but knowing the Coen brothers' previous work, they could have done better.
All the other performances were also great and/or functional. Frankly, no one in the cast did a bad job at all (oh my God Channing Tatum can sing!).

As much as I liked this movie more than the other two however, it didn't really meet my expectations. I would recommend that you see it on a weekday or in a matinee price on a weekend, and overall I'll give this movie 7.5/10


Quick reviews:
- The Choice was disappointing. Just don't waste your money on it because you'll hate it. You can rent it when it comes out if you have to.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was decent, but very slow paced and it concentrated on the love triangle far more than it should have had. I recommend seeing it if you have absolutely nothing else to do and you want to talk crap about something with your friends.



Extremely sorry for being late guys, but I didn't see PPZ till earlier today.
Have you seen any of these movies though? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below, and if you like this, share it with your friends! ☺
Also, I'm working on a couple of Super Bowl TV spots reviews/breakdowns, so expect them later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment