Pages

Featured Post

Movies to look forward to in February 2016

January isn't really the best month in which movies come out. It is mostly known among movie critics, reviewers, and fans that when a mo...

Sunday, February 7, 2016

X-Men: Apocalypse Super Bowl TV Spot Review/Breakdown

A hero without a a villain is just a normal guy, don't you guys agree? That's why when there's a movie about a hero versus a villain, they have to have at least one way to show you how bad and dangerous the villain is, and that's what the X-Men: Apocalypse TV spot just does.
























In the trailer, they show you just how much destruction Apocalypse can do in order to live up to his name, and this is a huge plus to a superhero and especially X-Men fans, cause the franchise has been around for over a decade and a half now, and the main team is pretty much the same, so what changed? Answer: Apocalypse!
In less than 30 seconds, they show you why he's called that, that he is indeed the first mutant in this world, and the most dangerous of them all. You see him either destroying buildings, cars, or bridges to the point where the destruction in Man of Steel seems like a recreation. You also get to see his 4 horsemen: Magneto, Psylocke, Angel, and Storm, and all the destruction/damage that they're doing under his control.


Things I noticed, liked, or hated in this trailer:

- We never really had a proper look at Apocalypse since Comic Con. Even in the 1st trailer they always faded to black before we got to see his face except that one time at the end, but even then we didn't really see him from a good angle. In this trailer though, they offered a bit better look at him in 2 different scenes yet from the same angle (kinda).

Poe Dameron chocking Katniss Everdeen: A visual representation on how Star Wars TFA screwed THG Mockingjay's Box Office


I don't know if it's only me, but I don't see Oscar Isaac at all in these scenes, which completely works for me. Isaac always had that kind and likable face, so it was hard at first to imagine him as Apocalypse. Him and the makeup team proved me wrong though. Last time that happened was with Ralph Fiennes when he portrayed He who must not be named.

- Jennifer Lawrence appears as the actual Mystique in this trailer, that's relieving. The reason I'm saying this is because in the 1st trailer, we always saw JLaw as Raven, not as Mystique, which was concerning to me and many other fans. In this trailer, however, we saw her once (still not a lot, but it's something I guess) as Mystique, so I hope most of her appearances in the movie is as mutant-her and not her human-her (you get my point, right? Cool).

- Psylocke is just badass! I'll admit it, she's one of the X-Men comics that I had *cough* and still have *cough* a crush on. She's new in the X-Men cinematic universe, and from what I'm seeing, I'm glad they're doing the character justice in terms of looks and abilities.



- This is not something that I hated, but it just got me like Huh??
In less than a second in the trailer, we see Angel fighting Beast (I gathered it was Beast from his back and his hair, not 100% sure though), and then when Angel hit him, he disappeared into thin air.


It might be Nightcrawler, but I'm not sure though as it was from his back, and that he creates more of a smoke effect than dust.

The trailer just looks pretty awesome, and I can't wait to see this movie in just 3 months!!


What about you guys? Are you excited for this movie? And what did you think of the trailer? Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments below, and if you like this, share it with your friends! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment