Pages

Featured Post

Movies to look forward to in February 2016

January isn't really the best month in which movies come out. It is mostly known among movie critics, reviewers, and fans that when a mo...

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Super Bowl TV Spot Review/Breakdown

I've thought about this a lot. I had a ton of new trailers in front of me and I narrowed it down to 2: TMNT2 and X-Men: Apocalypse. I honestly couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I'll start with TMNT2, and I'll post my X-Men review/breakdown either in a couple of hours or tomorrow morning depending on how much time I have.


Frankly, I'm really excited and looking forward to see this movie despite not liking the predecessor at all. The first movie was so focused on Megan Fox as April O'neal, and the turtles don't actually show up until way later into the movie. Also, the movie was so dark. Why was it dark?? It's a movie based on kids toys, cartoons, and comics, so why it was this serious I have no idea.
However, the sequel looks a lot better! First of all, the colors in this and the 1st trailer are so much brighter. Even the turtles look better for some reason. They fixed their appearance a little bit, and their skin is much lighter and not that dark green that we had before, so that's a plus.
Stephen Amell as Casey Jones also is one of the reasons I'm excited for this movie. I'm a big fan of Arrow and pretty much anything Amell does.
They recast Shredder, thankfully. Last movie had a lot of problems concerning Shredder that I will not get into, but they ended messing him up, so I hope they do him justice in that movie.

Now that I've listed why I'm excited for this movie, here are some things I noticed, liked, or hated:

- The Technodrome!

When we saw the ships and the weird portal in the sky in the 1st trailer, most people mocked the movie for taking ideas from the first Avengers movie. Only few people that I know or heard actually acknowledged that this might be Krang and Dimension X, and what do you know? They were right!
For those of you who don't know, the Technodrome is Krang's operation base.

- Speaking of Krang! We got to see his body and him personally (kinda) for the first time in this trailer.

Krang in his robotic body facing the turtles

Krang's "first look"
So it's excited that Krang himself will be in the movie, and that they're not just recycling Shredder over and over again.
Also, in the photo were Krang is facing the turtles, I think that they're on the Technodrome, and if I have to guess, they got there using the plane that we see them on (not on board, actually on it) in the last few seconds of the trailer.


So what do you guys think? Did I miss anything? And are you excited for this movie? Let me know in the comments below, and if you like this, share it with your friends! ☺

I'll be working on my X-Men: Apocalypse TV spot review/breakdown, and post it when I'm done with it, so expect it either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment